Reading Plus is an adaptive literacy program that aims to improve students’ reading skills, comprehension, vocabulary, motivation and stamina. It is used by over 5 million students across thousands of schools globally. Reading Plus provides personalized instruction tailored to each student’s reading abilities and needs.
As a reading plus student, you will need to login to the Reading Plus platform to access your personalized learning path, reading exercises, assessments and progress reports. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to login to Reading Plus as a student and make the most of the program.
What You Need Before Logging In
Before you can login to Reading Plus as a student, you will need:
- An citi.com/activate Reading Plus account. Your school or teacher must have purchased a Reading Plus site license and created accounts for students.
- Your Reading Plus username and password. This is provided by your teacher or school administrator. If you don’t have it, request it from them.
- Supported device and browser. Reading Plus works best on desktops, laptops, iPads and Chromebooks using latest versions of Chrome, Safari or Firefox browsers.
Accessing the Student Login Page
To login, you first need to go to the Reading Plus student login page. Here are some ways to access it:
Via the Reading Plus Website
- Go to www.readingplus.com
- Click on the ‘Sign In’ button at the top right corner of the homepage
- Under the ‘Student Sign In’ section, click your school location. This will redirect you to your school’s Reading Plus login page.
Direct School URL
Your teacher or school tech support may provide you with a direct URL for your school’s Reading Plus login page. It will typically be in this format:
Bookmark this URL to easily access your school’s login page.
Many schools provide single sign-on to Reading Plus via Clever. Go to your school’s Clever portal and look for the Reading Plus icon. Click on it to be redirected to Reading Plus.
No matter how you get to the login page, the next steps to enter your credentials are the same.
Logging In as a Student
Follow these steps to login to Reading Plus with your student account:
1. Enter your username
Your username is provided by your teacher or school. It is usually something easy for students to remember, like your first name and last initial (e.g. sarahk) or a numerical ID.
Enter your exact username in the first ‘Username’ field.
2. Enter your password
Next, enter the password for your Reading Plus account. This is also provided by your school. If you’ve forgotten it, select ‘Forgot Password’ to reset it.
3. Select Student Sign In
Make sure to click the blue ‘Student Sign In’ button to login with your student credentials. Do not attempt to login from the teacher portal.
4. Select your class
Once logged in, select your class from the list. Each class has a separate progress tracker and assignments.
You are now logged into Reading Plus as a student! Your teacher may have assigned tasks for you to complete.
Key Pages for Students
As a student, these are some of the most important pages to get familiar with in Reading Plus:
This is the first page you see after logging in. It shows your overall progress, upcoming assignments, and recommendations from your teacher. Use the dashboard to understand what you need to work on next in Reading Plus.
All the lessons, stories and assessments assigned to you by your teacher will appear here. Select any assignment to start working on it.
Check this page frequently to see your Reading Plus statistics like comprehension level, vocabulary size, overall skill score and more here: Myscs. It summarizes your strengths and areas for improvement.
The Stories section has all the reading content available for your grade level. Read stories assigned by your teacher or pick stories to read independently based on your interests and reading level.
Periodic assessments measure your growth across reading skills. Results get shared with your teacher. Do not skip any scheduled assessments marked ‘required’.
Getting the Most from Reading Plus
Here are some tips to help you get the most from the reading plus program:
- Use your personalized learning path – Reading Plus creates a customized path based on your reading level and needs. Follow the recommendations for maximum growth.
- Read regularly – Aim for a minimum of 45-60 minutes of Reading Plus per week. Daily short sessions are better than one weekly long session.
- Vary your reading – Pick stories from different topics, genres and formats. This builds comprehension skills for all types of reading.
- Use your teacher – Your teacher can provide 1:1 guidance, answer questions, reset your password, and help troubleshoot any issues.
- Mark stories for later – Flag stories as ‘favorites’ to save them for rereading. Rereading helps improve fluency and retention.
- Take assessments seriously – Assessments ensure you get the right level of stories. Take your time and focus when taking them.
With your username, password and the right approach, you can gain the full benefit of reading plus. Improved reading ability will translate to better learning outcomes across all your classes and assessments.
The reading plus student login process enables personalized literacy instruction for millions of students worldwide. By following the step-by-step process outlined in this article, students can easily access reading exercises, stories, assignments and progress reports. Regular usage of the program leads to improved fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and more.
Teachers and school administrators play an important role in providing login credentials, assigning curriculum and monitoring student growth on the platform. With the right collaboration between students, teachers and Reading Plus – achieving literacy goals is within every student’s reach.