UNISA Short Learning Programmes Apply for admission;- Applications for 2022 registrations of UNISA’s Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) are open from 13 September 2021 until 28 February 2022.
The University of South Africa, known colloquially as Unisa, is the largest university system in South Africa by enrollment. It attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa.
UNISA Short Learning Programmes Apply for admission
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new Short Learning Programmes must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space.
Further information to consider
- Online applications available for all the Short Learning Programmes
- You may apply for a maximum of two programmes, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application, latest by end January 2022 for semester courses and end February 2022 for year programmmes. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which programme you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time, which would be contained in the letter from UNISA responding to your application
What happens if I don’t accept Unisa’s offer?
- The university will withdraw your offer and give your space to another applicant.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2).
- Please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
I am sure…
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
How to apply?
- You can apply online only for selected Short Learning Programmes, click here to download guidelines on how to apply
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new Short Learning Programme must submit the required documents The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
No application fee is applicable when applying for Short Learning Programme
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period