TASUED Undergraduates ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED was proclaimed by the Ogun State Government on the 29th of January, 2005, and approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) on the 28th of November, 2005, as the 76th and the first specialized University of Education in Nigeria. We are 2nd in Africa and 8th in the World, hence our adoption of the formula 1-2-8.
TASUED Undergraduates ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The admission requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programme for both UTME and Direct Entry Candidates are as follows:
Also, You Might Want to Read;– TASUED School Fees
FOR UTME 4-YEAR PROGRAMME*
- WAEC/NECO Senior School Certificate (SSC), General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level), or their equivalents with credits in five (5) subjects obtained at one sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two sittings. National Technical Certificate/National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
FOR DIRECT ENTRY 3-YEAR PROGRAMME*
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) with at least Merit in 2 core subjects, GCE A’Level, HND (for some courses) in relevant areas with at least Upper credit, Cambridge (A level) Certificate, Academic Diploma from recognized Universities (for some courses) (in relevant areas) are required in addition to (1) for Direct Entry. Advanced National Technical/Business Certificate (ANTC, ANBC) is acceptable for Vocational courses only.
* A credit in O’Level English language is required for all courses
SPECIAL COURSES REQUIREMENTS
- A credit in O’Level Mathematics is required for all Sciences, Vocational and Technical and Social Science-based courses.
- Credit in Literature in English is required for English Language.
- A credit in at least one science subject is required for Mathematics.
- Candidates wishing to study Educational Management should have obtained credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the Ordinary Level.
- Credits in any two (2) of Geography, Economics, Government, Commerce, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge, History and Yoruba are acceptable for the study of Social Studies.
- Candidates wishing to study Counselling Psychology with teaching subject options in science and social sciences must have credit in Mathematics.
TASUED is proudly the flagship of the University of Education in Nigeria and a unique tertiary institution teaching both the curriculum subject contents and the pedagogy for effective transfer of knowledge. The University is located on the large expanse of land along Sagamu–Ore-Benin expressway in Ijagun, Imaweje and Ijele Communities on a beautiful landscape where the main campus is situated in a serene academic environment.