NECTA Online Registration for Private Candidate & NECTA Online Registration for School Candidate;- The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is a Government Institution that was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania.
The decision to establish NECTA was a follow-up of an earlier move, in April 1971, when Tanzania Mainland pulled out of the East African Examinations Council (EAEC) to conduct her own examinations. Zanzibar pulled out of EAEC in 1970. Before the pull-out, between 1968 and 1971, Tanzania sat for foreign Secondary School Examinations conducted jointly by the East African Syndicate, which before then were conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate alone.
NECTA Online Registration for Private Candidate & NECTA Online Registration for School Candidate
The Examinations conducted by the Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate then were the School Certificate and the Higher School Certificate Examinations. The School Certificate Examinations was taken by the African Students for the first time in 1947 and that of the Higher School Certificate in 1960.
NECTA Online Registration for Private Candidate
The Functions of National Examinations of Tanzania
- To formulate examinations policy in accordance with the principles of education for self-reliance and the education and training policy
- To ensure responsibility for examinations within the United Republic of Tanzania and to make provision for places and centres for examinations
- To receive from other persons or bodies of person reports or other material affecting examinations policy and from time to time to consider and review examinations policy as circumstances may require
- To co-operate with other persons or bodies of persons in the orderly development of an examinations system in the United Republic of Tanzania
- To conduct examinations for, and to grant, diplomas, certificates and other awards of the council
- To act as the body which shall facilitate, administer and supervise foreign examinations in Tanzania.
Powers and Duties of The National Examinations Council of Tanzania
- Administer the properties of the Council both movable and immovable
- To administer the funds and other assets of the Council
- To signify the acts of the Council by use of the common seal;
- Subject to the provisions of this Act, to appoint such officers of the Council as it may deem necessary
- To review regulations relating to examinations
- To consider and approve subjects suitable for examinations
- To appoint panels or boards of examiners
- To enter into arrangements, whether reciprocal or otherwise, with other persons or organization, whether within or outside the United Republic, for the recognition of awards granted in respect of examinations falling within their respective responsibilities