Loan Scheme Application HESFB – Higher Education Students Financing Board2022-2023;- Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) provides Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue Higher Education in recognized Higher Education Institutions.
HESFB implements the Higher Education Students’ Financing Scheme which includes both the Students’ Loan Scheme and the Students’ Scholarship Scheme.
Loan Scheme Application HESFB
Applications to the Students’ Loan Scheme for the AY2022-2023 is now
Eligibility to the Student Loan Scheme considers;
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
- Be admitted to pursue an accredited undergraduate diploma or degree programme in a listed Higher Education Institution, private chartered university or public university in Uganda. Accreditation is by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
- Have a financial need.
- An applicant must be a joining in the first year or Continuing Student. However, the Board currently funds final year students among the continuing students.
- The Board also takes into consideration regional balance, gender, social economic needs and equity.
Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) 2022-2023 Loan Scheme Application Documents
Application for a student loan via the HESFB “ilmis.hesfb.go.ug” Portal will require one to upload the following;
- A copy of admission letter from any of the participating HEI
- A copy of the National ID
- Copies of academic certificates or result slips and transcripts
- A copy of a birth certificate
- A copy of the recent passport photo
- Proof of payment of the prescribed processing fees
- A copy of the Financial card (Not mandatory at the point of application)
- A sketch map of the applicant’s current address/residence
- A sketch map of the applicant’s home of origin (if different from current address)
- Fully filled loan application form submitted online.
Note: Applicants will receive a notification upon successfully submitting the application details through email.
Application is online through the HESFB Website called the Integrated Loan Management Information System (ILMIS); www.hesfb.go.ug
Or Visit : https://ilmis.hesfb.go.ug/index.aspx