Job Vacancies at GIZ Tanzania 2022;-GIZ Tanzania Jobs 2022 GIZ is seeking to recruit a cross-cutting issues advisor to render technical advisory support to the programme management team and partners in addressing and mainstreaming issues such as Youth Development, Gender as well as Climate Change in the support measures and activities through engaging with private sector and civil society stakeholders and through fostering their participation in the regional integration process. giz job portal
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Vacancies at GIZ Tanzania
GIZ Vacancies Responsibilities and Tasks
The Cross-cutting Issues Advisor is expected to contribute to the achievement of the SEAMPEC
programme’s overall objectives and indicators. He/ she is expected to carry out the following tasks and
- Provide technical expertise and process advice to the programme management team the respective advisors (value addition, trade, AfCFTA), and partner organizations.
- Liaise with the EAC and partner organizations in support of the programmme management.
- Support the programme management and the respective advisors (value addition, trade, AfCFTA) in designing, facilitating and implementing support initiatives together with the EAC and partner organizations.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing with and among the relevant stakeholders and networks.
- Contribute to the programme’s plans of operation and results-based monitoring (including the collection of data and the establishment of baselines) as well as knowledge management.
- Contribute to new knowledge and innovative ideas that enhance the profile of the EAC portfolio in the respective thematic areas.
- Support the contracting of service providers for studies and service provision, accompany the implementation of the service providers’ assignments and assure monitoring and quality of products of the assignments according to contract.
- Work closely with the private sector and civil society organizations to enhance their capacity and ability to participate in regional integration and to more efficiently advocate on Youth, Gender and Climate Change issues.
The cross-cutting issues advisor will report directly to his/ her team leader. His/ her location of duty is
Arusha, Tanzania. Frequent travels within EAC are expected.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experiences
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study such as social, environmental or political science, economics or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in international cooperation, preferably in East Africa
- Proven work experience in advisory services to senior-level public servants and authorities as well as to civil society and private sector stakeholders
- Experience in project management including monitoring and evaluation
- Intercultural and political intuition, diplomatic skills and confident demeanor in the context of the EAC integration process Fluent English language skills; French and/ or Kiswahili language skills are an advantage
- Sound organizational and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively, flexibility to work on a diverse range of projects with proven results and to undertake frequent travel by road and by air.
- Proven intercultural communication competency, proactive, team player; professional and cooperative working style; excellent analytic skills; good writing and presentation skills; experience in change management processes would be of additional benefit; very good command of MS office.
- Adaptability and willingness to support and collaborate with different works outside the scope
Applications For GIZ Tanzania Jobs 2022
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with their CV and copies of academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Cross-cutting Issues Advisor”.
Closing date for submission: 30.04.2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.