How to apply for SASSA R350 grant;- SASSA has now announced even more ways you can submit your SASSA R350 grant application, As applications for the SRD grant opened today. Below you will see how to Apply.
Apply for SASSA R350 grant
SASSA implemented these new avenues for application due to the WhatsApp channel having technical difficulties and the SASSA SRD website being overwhelmed from applications and as a result saw it running slower.
In order to access or to have the application reconsidered for the Social Relief of Distress Grant, an applicant must grant consent for SASSA to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits.
How to apply for the R350 grant
- Eligibility criteria: You must be an unemployed person and not receiving any social grant, Unemployment Insurance Fund benefits, a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, or any other government Covid-19 response support. The grant now also includes caregivers and asylum seekers who have proper documentation. Asylum seekers must have a section 22 permit or visas that are valid or were valid on 15 March 2020.
- Everyone eligible — from 18 years to 59 years — must apply for this grant even if their application was successful last time.
- Send your application through the website, at https://srd.sassa.gov.za, on the WhatsApp line on 082 046 8553, or send an SMS to *134*7737#. An application should be submitted through only one of the above channels.
- In the WhatsApp message, include your name, surname and ID number. You will then receive a message stating the next steps.
- When the application has been approved, you will receive a message requesting your banking details. However, Zulu said it is important for applicants to note that the bank account or the cellphone number provided for payment must be registered in the name of the approved applicant for the grant to ensure that payment goes to the correct recipient.
- The grant will be paid into the bank account of the beneficiary. For people who do not have bank accounts, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) will pay through the South African Post Office (Sapo)/Post Bank, or using a bank mobile money transfer (cash send).
- Any applicant whose application is approved but not paid because they could not be traced shall forfeit the money to the state after 31 August 2021. They cannot lodge a claim against the state.
- For grant inquiries, you can call the Sassa toll-free line on 0800 60 10 11.
Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent.
The new process will now request the applicants to provide their banking details upfront so that SASSA can process R350 grant payments as soon as they meet the criteria.
SASSA also made it clear that you can apply through the month of August to receive August payments.
This means that all the channels open for you to apply for the R350 grant are as follows:
- Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737#
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org