General Certificate of Education Examination Advanced Level | camgceb.org;- Cameroon
The GCE Advanced Level unit is one of the units under the Division of Examination. The Division of Examination is headed by a Deputy Registrar in charge of Examinations while the Advanced Level unit is headed by an Examination Officer.
General Certificate of Education Examination Advanced Level
This unit has its responsibilities and duties which include ;-
- Preparation and distribution of Registration Materials.
- Reception and processing of registration forms from registration centres.
- Moderation of raw test items.
- Supervision of the Proof reading exercise.
- Costing and preparation of practical documents.
- Creation of Registration and Accommodation centres.
- Supervision and monitoring of practical and written examinations.
- Supervision of marking secretariats and marking proper.
The Advanced Level examination is made of Twenty-One (20) subjects namely;-
|Literature in English
|Food Science and Nutrition
|Special Bilingual Education French
|Pure Mathematics With Mechanics
|Pure Mathematics With Statistics
|Information and Communication Technology
The General Certificate of Education Examinations Advanced Levels shall normally mark the end of the Upper Sixth Form of secondary general education.
The examination shall be broad-based and shall set out to measure the candidate’s knowledge of the world around him, his capacity to think, apply, synthesize and evaluate knowledge and situations in relation to the subjects for which he shall be presenting himself at the Advanced Level.
The examinations shall be open to external candidates on the same conditions as applied to those attending secondary schools. There shall be no limit to the number of sittings.
- Registration fee – 9000frs
- Subject fee – 2000frs
- Practical fee – 5000frs
- Franking of form G3 – 1000frs
The above fees are applicable presently at the GCE Board.
Candidates for the Advanced Level examination may enter for at most five subjects.
- Holders of the Cameroon General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level with pass grades in at least four subjects.
- Holders of the University of London General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level with pass grades in at least four subjects.
- Holders of at least Teacher Grade II Certificate.
- Holders of R.S.A stage II certificate in at least four subjects.
- Holders of other certificates deemed equivalent by the Board to any of the above.