Bodi ya Mikopo Elimu ya Juu Zanzibar ZHELB

Bodi ya Mikopo Elimu ya Juu Zanzibar ZHELB;- ZHELB was established through Act No. 3 of 2011 and started operations in August 2011 as an autonomous institution. Board initiated for payment and repayment of Higher Education loans from graduate students. The Board reports to the Minister responsible for Education in Zanzibar. and

Bodi ya Mikopo Elimu ya Juu Zanzibar ZHELB

Zanzibar Education Fund was introduced in 2006. Government initiated Education Fund for payment of Tuition and Examination fees to students attending tertiary education for different levels, Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees. Students and their Parents were required to meet the cost for Meals and Accommodation.

How do you apply for ZHELB loan? ZHESLB (Bodi Ya Mikopo Zanzibar) Form Application  Process

Jinsi Ya Kuomba Mkopo ZHELB

  • Visit the official website
  • Download ZHELB Application form and print
  • The copies will have to be properly filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
  • Put your signature on the application form, and attach all the required documents. You will find the full list of the documents on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
  • One copy of your properly filled in application form with the documents should be sent to ZHESLB office

ZHESLB (Bodi Ya Mikopo Zanzibar) Mawasiliano contacts

Makao Makuu – Unguja

MkurugenziBodi ya Mikopo Elimu ya Juu Zanzibar, Jengo la Sinema ya Majestic, Barabara ya Vuga ; Ghorofa ya pili,S.L.P 3344Unguja, ZanzibarTanzaniaPhone: 255 (0) 242236847Fax: +255 (0) 242236846 info@zhelb.go.tz

Ofisi – Pemba


Bodi ya Mikopo Elimu ya Juu Zanzibar, Jengo la Wizara ya Elimu na Mafunzo ya Amali,
S.L.P 3344
Chakechake , Pemba
Phone: +255 (0)24 2452674


Board of Directors

 The Board consist of the followings members:-

 (a) Chairperson who shall be appointed by the President;

 (b) Director;

 (c)  eight other members to be appointed by the Minister as follows:

(i)     Principal Secretary, Ministry responsible for Education  or his  representative;

(ii)    Principal Secretary, Ministry responsible for Finance or his   representative;

(iii)   Secretary  of the  Planning  Commission  or  his representative;

(iv)  Principal Secretary, Ministry responsible for civil service or his representative;

(v)    one member from the House of Representatives;

(vi) one faculty member representing higher education  institutions;

(vii)  one member representing the Association of People with Disability;

(viii) one member representing students from higher education institutions;

(d)The members of the Board shall elect one member among them as Vice-Chairperson.