Eligibility Requirements FOR Mo Scholars Programme For Undergraduate Degree Students 2022/23;- Mo scholarships, awarded annually to a select cohort of high school graduates, cover tuition and additional fees (housing, meals etc.) for four years of undergraduate college. We currently support over 100 students.
Eligibility Requirements FOR Mo Scholars Programme
With the aim of shaping Tanzania’s next generation of leaders, our program, builds a supportive community of passionate students and provides them with the capacity to unlock their greatest potential
High Academic Achievement: We suggest recipients to have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.5 and Division I or II on A-Levels. This will be judged based on academic transcripts.
Financial Need: Recipient must demonstrate financial need and submit documentation in the form of a written statement explaining need plus any available reinforcing narrative in the form of references or further documents.
Leadership Potential: Recipient must possess leadership potential as demonstrated in extra-curricular activities, projects, and/or duties upheld prior to commencing their undergraduate studies. Applicants are required to provide evidence of this in the form of a written recommendation letter, awards received etc.
- Recipient must be a citizen of the United Republic of Tanzania (at the time they apply for the scholarship).
- Recipient must have attended a secondary school in Tanzania to be eligible for this scholarship. Home-schooled students are not eligible.
- The recipient must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili at the time of their application.
- The recipient must be entering their first year of undergraduate education.
- The recipient must declare their intent with a major / degree program of his/her choice.
- The recipient should not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a tertiary institution within Tanzania or outside the country.
MDF is committed to equality of opportunity, and no application will be treated less favorably than another on the grounds of gender (including reassignment), marital or parental status, race, ethnic origin, color, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Before applying, make sure that you have all the required documents!
- Official un-conditional admission letter to participating universities
- Official secondary/high-school certificates and/or diploma certificates
- Statement of Purpose on why you chose your field of study
- Statement of purpose on why you deserve a scholarship
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating financial need
- Letter and supporting evidence demonstrating leadership potential