SASSA Food vouchers Application 2022 Social Relief of Distress (SRD);- Sassa has recently released a report that discloses the vulnerability of Sassa grant beneficiaries. https://www.sassa.gov.za/
In response, Sassa is looking to make the following changes in how they disburse the Social Relief of Distress grant:
SASSA Food vouchers Application 2022
- Grants will now be given to people who are affected by crisis or disaster and are mainly for people who are unable to meet their family’s most basic needs.
- The temporary provision of assistance is provided to people affected by crisis or disaster and is mainly for people who are unable to meet their family’s most basic needs.
SASSA has measures in places to assist those affected by the floods in KZN.
#SASSACares See below how you can access the services.
What is the Benefit of SASSA Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Food Voucher?
- SASSA provides food vouchers to the value of R1200 per family
- R1980.00 x 2 (Total Amount paid per family: R3960.00 ) as food vouchers or cash to a family of deceased family members due to a disaster.
- School uniforms is provided to leaners who lost uniforms during a disaster. Girls: R2700.00 . BOYS: R2500.00
How Long will the Program Last?
For only one month because it is expected that the people lives will normalize and the other form of SRD including R350 will still be available for people who are experiencing hardship.
— SASSA (@OfficialSASSA) April 19, 2022
Applicants can apply for the food voucher by submitting their contact details to the councilor at their nearest municipality or social worker. For any further information, applicants can contact Sassa’s toll free number: 0800601011 or their regional call centre: 0338463400.