10 Ways to Make Money Online as a Teenager in South Africa 2022;- As a teenager, I was fascinated by making money. I didn’t get an allowance so I learned quickly how to make my own money. ways to make money as a teenager in south africa
Most People Search;- How To Make R1000 A Day In South Africa, How To Make Money As A Teenager Online In South Africa, How To Make R5000 In A Day Online, How To Make Money On Instagram As A, Teenager In South Africa, Hobbies That Make Money In South Africa, How To Make R30000 In A Week
, Earn Extra Income South Africa With No Money, and How To Make Money Online In South Africa 2022
There are many ways for teens to make money online. As a teenager, I worked part-time, made money online and even earned money by flipping things.
Ways to Make Money Online as a Teenager in South Africa
As a child, I had the opportunity to buy many things I wanted. It gave me self-sufficiency, freedom, and a sense that I was independent.
I learned many important financial skills from my early years, including the importance of saving.
However, I could continue to rant about the benefits of working as an adolescent, but you’ll get the idea.
This post will show you how to make money as a teenager without a job or with a job. You can choose which path you prefer, or both.
Side hustles, online money-making opportunities, small business ideas, part time employment and other less well-known ways to make money as a teenager.
Regardless of your age, you could benefit from these money-making strategies.
Table of Contents
How to make money online as a teenager in South Africa
1. Start a Blogging
This once-exclusive forum for expression of one’s passions has become a viable source to income.
Writing on a topic of interest can help you attract readers and traffic that can be turned into income.
A blog or YouTube vlog can make you money in many ways. You could place ads through Google AdSense, affiliate advertising (advertising products of other people on your site), product reviews, guest articles, and even advertizing other people’s products.
Where do you begin?
Simple: you have little visibility and traffic when you start your side hustle. You should therefore increase the price of your product as soon as you start your blog journey.
A B2B consulting funnel is one way to go. This will allow you to sell to businesses and not individuals. Businesses have more money than individuals, so instead of focusing initially on affiliate programs and ads, concentrate on high-end consulting.
The three major success pillars of this new blogging strategy for making money are:
- You should choose a niche blog based on the financial capabilities of your audience, their professional leverage and market demand.
- You can improve your backlink acquisition rate and Domain Authority (DA), by outsourcing some of your content writing and SEO activities.
- Finally, the best blog monetization strategies at the right time in your site’s lifecycle can help you increase your revenue by 100x while closing only 3-4 high-end customers instead of hundreds of affiliates.
These techniques can make it possible to make thousands of dollars in a short time period and with fewer visits.
The first step in starting a blog is to set up WordPress.
- Click the Get Started button at Bluehost.com
- Use my link to get a 63 percent discount on your hosting plan
- You can either register a new domain or select an existing one.
- Complete your account details and billing details.
- Sitelock Security or Codeguard Basic could be disabled.
- When you click “Submit”, you’re done.
Start with Bluehost at $2.95/month (63% Discount).
2. Sell your old stuff
You might be able to make a quick profit if you have old or unutilized items lying around. Decluttr is a great way to sell your used gadgets, DVDs and video games online.
If your parents have any, ask them if they would be willing to get rid of them.
You can sell schoolbooks, toys and bikes on eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Bookscouter allows you to also sell secondhand books.
Teenagers have many options to sell their goods online.
- Thredup – If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling your old clothes, Thredup could be an option. It’s an online consignment shop. Sellers can bring in clothing, shoes and accessories to sell. Thredup will determine which items will be sold and which will go to charity. Thredup manages fulfillment so the vendor makes less.
- Poshmark is a clothing and shoe marketplace that sells directly to buyers. The vendor provides fulfillment and in return makes more profit. Poshmark charges a $2.95 transaction fee for transactions less than $15. All sales above $15 will attract a 20% commission.
- Etsy – If you are an artist, Etsy could be a great place to sell your work. To have your items show up at the top of search results, you need to be familiar with SEO on Etsy.
- Mercari Mercari is an online yard sale that allows vendors to sell apparel, electronics, household products and handmade crafts. Each sale is subject to a 10% charge by Mercari.
- Ebay – The classic standby where nearly anything can be sold.
If you have to meet someone new in order to close a deal, be careful. Ask your parents to come along so you are safe.
3. Start podcasting
You can make money online if you have the gift and ability to gab, but you don’t want to be on camera.
Sponsors are a great way to make money on a podcast. You get paid for airing their ads. Your YouTube channel, blog, Etsy shop and other sites may be referred to by viewers.
What topics should you talk about? Talk about anything that interests you.
4. Earn money to take online surveys and participate in paid programs.
You can make your voice heard while making additional income. Many paid online surveys accept your feedback.
By completing surveys, you would help businesses make their products and services more attractive.
While you won’t make a lot of money from your profits, it is possible to do so during your high school years. You might make enough money each month to purchase a gallon or a game for your PlayStation or Xbox 5.
- VIP Voice (13+ US) (18+ California) – You can earn points that you may use to enter contests.
- MyPoints – Earn money doing surveys, watching movies, reading emails and other activities
- Survey Junkie (13+). – Simple, short surveys with high compensation
- E-Poll – Since 1997, E-Poll conducts polls about celebrities, entertainment, and sports.
- Toluna (16+). — Earn money through a variety surveys and a referral program. (Complete Toluna Review)
- Treasure Trooper (13+) — This site is cartoony and fun. They’ll pay you to answer queries, play games and do other tasks. Read the complete Treasure Trooper review.
- Swagbucks (13+) — One the most reputable and well-respected survey sites. They have distributed over $330,000,000 to their customers since its inception.
6. Sale Your Stock Images
Are you a skilled photographer? You can make passive income from your best photographs by making a side business out of your hobby.
Upload each photo to services like iStock Photo, Dreamstime and Shutterstock to earn royalties.
You could earn $0.25 to $0.45 per purchased photo. You can earn more if you submit photos often.
7. Teach your children how to code
Many children are eager to learn code. If you have the skills, you can teach others by paying lessons.
It is hard to teach other children.
Make a website, distribute leaflets and place them in places where children might notice them.
8. As a virtual assistant, you can work as a blogger.
Bloggers require assistance. Bloggers may have many tasks they need to do every day, but don’t have time.
Virtual assistants are used by bloggers to fill in the gaps. Virtual assistants are often used to assist bloggers by maintaining their social media profiles.
9. Design websites
Website design is in constant demand. A young person who can create a professional-looking website is in high demand.
As with all entrepreneurs, you shouldn’t expect to be paid a lot at first.
If you have a strong portfolio and there is increased demand for your services, your rates may be raised.
10. Be an Amazon Associate
Affiliate marketing is similar to making money blogging while earning money via Amazon links and earning commissions.
Amazon Associates is an affiliate network that allows you establish links on your blog or website and earn referral fees when people click those links to purchase products from Amazon. Sign up is free and easy.
11. As a proofreader
A proofreading or editing job could be the ideal part-time job for you if you have high marks in English and are eager to help your friends.
It’s not surprising that so many adults aren’t proficient in using the English language to its full potential if they’re interested grammar and syntax.
Many of these people own businesses or go to college. These are the people to whom you should advertise your services.
Students in college often need proofreading services. Business owners also require proofreading of web content, letters and other writing.
You’re likely qualified if you can express your opinion on the Oxford Comma and are able to tell the difference between “effect” and “affect”,
Flyers can be distributed at your local college.
Let the librarian know you are available and leave a brochure or business card promoting your services to local businesses.
Advertise online, but be aware of scams if you use Craigslist.
12. Start Online Tutoring
Teaching jobs are a great online job for teens.
You might be able find a teaching job if you are a great student in English, math, physics or other fundamental subjects.
To instruct, you don’t need to be alone in a coffee shop or library. Remote employment allows you to communicate with clients via social media or email.
For starters, check out tutorme.com. You can also use social media to reach your neighbors and friends to offer individual coaching.
Teaching private classes is generally more lucrative.
13. Online Data Entry Jobs
Many businesses need assistance with uploading files to their databases. For example, a medical practice may not have the time or ability to upload client papers daily into the database.
In your spare time, you may be paid an hourly rate to upload data to online platforms. It varies from $10 to $30 an hour.
14. Freelancers can work
Are you an expert in Photoshop, web design, or other creative work?
Small businesses might be interested in hiring you to help with flyer design and website design.
You could also use Fiverr and Upwork. However, it is possible to make higher profits by making local connections. Ask your parents or your friends for leads.
15. Computer viruses and other issues can be fixed
There is a market out there for those who have the ability to troubleshoot computer problems.
Even the most tech-savvy people have problems with computers that they cannot solve. Your success will depend on your ability and competence.
Word-of mouth advertising is the best form of advertisement. Make sure that your customers are satisfied and happy enough to recommend your services to others.
16. Create a YouTube Channel
YouTube ad revenues make it possible for many YouTubers to earn thousands each month.
An average Youtube channel makes between $1 and $20 per thousand views. This can quickly add up.
It’s possible to start a YouTube channel as a 13-year old!
If you are interested in making videos on a regular schedule, get started today!
Start young to gain an advantage. You have more time for your channel development and can discover what videos you enjoy making.
17. Online t-shirt design
You can make a t-shirt if you are creative. This can be done on many websites in South Africa and internationally.
The only thing you need is to design the shirt. You are not responsible for marketing or producing the shirts. Printful, TeeShopper, The Souled Store and My Home Store are some of the places where you can sell your designs.
18. As a voice-over actor, you can earn a living.
If you have a strong speaking voice, voiceovers are possible. Imagine what it would be like to have your voice heard in commercials, radio spots, or internet videos. You might be able to find out if you are a voice actor.
Register at Voices.com and get your voice heard. Voices.com has talent scouts looking for talented people to work with well-known businesses (and those that aren’t).
You may be allowed to choose your own fees if you pass the audition. You may also become a celebrity among your friends.
19. As a freelance writer, you can make a living.
Numerous websites offer a variety of opportunities for freelance writing, particularly for high school students.
Hubpages.com, for example, is a great website that allows teenagers to apply (with parental consent). This is a great way for teens to get real-world freelance writing experience.
You can also access other sites such as Fiverr if you are 13 years old or older. Fiverr, an online job market where you can do gigs (or projects) starting at $5. There are many gigs available in writing, translation, animation and programming. Voiceover work is also possible.
Freelancer.com is another site you can try if your goal is to earn money writing freelance as an older teenager. Similar to Fiverr but with a bit more money.
20. Print and market your own printables
Are you a skilled organizer and designer? You might open an Etsy account to sell printables or start your own digital ecommerce site.
It is a great way to make passive income by selling digital products. You can easily design your top pieces and upload them to make money while you sleep.
To produce the product, you might need to pay for an Etsy account, a website and an illustrator membership.