Vyuo vya Kusoma IT Tanzania 2023/2024 Information Technology Colleges;- IT is one of the fastest growing industries in Tanzania, and it has become a major source of employment for many Tanzanians. In fact, IT has also helped boost the country’s GDP by almost 10 percent through foreign direct investment and value-added services.
However, there are only few reputable IT colleges in Tanzania where you can learn everything about computer science and programming languages. In this article, we will go over some of such colleges so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not to pursue a career in IT industry.
Vyuo vya Kusoma IT Tanzania 2023/2024 Information Technology Colleges
1. Nkoanrua Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Nkoanrua Institute of Information and Communication Technology (NICIT) is situated in Mbeya city, at the heart of Tanzania. The college was established in 2003 by a group of enterprising individuals who wanted to create a platform for providing quality education in ICT. Today, NICIT has grown from strength to strength owing to its excellent academic programs and facilities.
NICIT offers courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels that are designed to equip students with skills that are relevant in today’s job market. The college also offers specialized programs such as hospitality management (hotel management), e-commerce technology, business administration (MBA) finance management; human resource management; marketing communication; office administration among others. These courses are offered both on campus as well as online mode depending on how you prefer.”
2. College of Health Education
The College of Health Education is located in the city of Dar es Salaam. The college offers courses in computer science and information technology, as well as business administration.
The academic calendar for this college begins in January and ends in December with a summer and winter break. You can apply to the institution at any time throughout the year, but admissions are only granted twice per year: once during the autumn semester (September) and once during spring semester (February).
The admissions committee reviews each applicant’s high school transcript, academic record and personal statement for suitability before making an offer of admission or denial.
If you are accepted into this school, you will have access to various resources such as financial aid options such as scholarships/grants; counseling services; academic support like tutoring options; student life through clubs/organizations/fraternities such as Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity Incorporated; campus housing facilities on campus if needed; etc..
This institution is accredited by TSCA – Tanzania Commission for University Education (TCUE).
3. Tumaini University, Dar Es Salaam College (TUDARCO)
Tumaini University, Dar Es Salaam College (TUDARCO) is a tertiary institution located in Tanzania. It offers Bachelor of Information Technology degree program and other post-secondary diplomas, certificate programs, and short courses. The college is affiliated with Tumaini University.
The Bachelor of Information Technology program has the following specializations:
- Computer Networking & Security
- Software Development & Programming
4. St. Augustine University of Tanzania
- Address: Njiro, Kivukoni Ruvu, Arusha
- Contact Details: +255 22 277 1591 / +255 786 2792
- Courses offered by the College: Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology (BCIScTech) Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSc Honours) Bachelor of Business Information Systems (BBISt). Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting with specialization in Auditing – PgDipAccAuditing. Postgraduate Diploma in Finance Management – PgDipFM.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration/Public Policy – PgDipPA. Master Degree Programmes (MBA) Master Degree Programme on Human Resource Development MDPHRM
5. Women’s Computer Training Centre (WCTC)
Women’s Computer Training Centre (WCTC) is located in Arusha. It was founded in 1995 and offers a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a major in Computer Science, and a Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in Information Systems Management.
6. Ardhi Institute
Ardhi Institute is located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Ardhi Institute offers bachelor’s degrees in Information Technology.
Ardhi Institute is a private institution that provides online degrees to its students. Online classes are taught using the Moodle learning management system, which enables students to take courses online or synchronously via video conferencing or Skype communication tools.
7. Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT)
In Tanzania, HIIT is a private university with three campuses. They are located in Bukoba, Mbeya and Mwanza. The university was established in 2008 as the Helsinki Institute of Information Technology (HIIT). It offers undergraduate programs in computer science and information technology.
8. Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences School of Computing & Informatics
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences School of Computing & Informatics is a private, non-profit institution established in 2000. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in computer science, information technology and allied sciences. The school has three campus locations; Dar es Salaam Main Campus, Mbeya Regional Campus and Morogoro Regional Campus.
9. Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology
Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIIT) is located in Dar es Salaam. The college was established in 1965 and offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs. DIIT has a student population of around 15,000 students. It offers facilities such as library services, academic support services, computer center support services, sports center support services etc.
The college also has a number of faculty members that have won awards for research work including:
- Prof Joseph Lekuton – Outstanding Academic Staff Award (1999),
- Dr Mercy Mwakyama – Outstanding Academic Staff Award (2003)
Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology offers undergraduate courses in Computer Science & Information System (CSIS), Electrical Engineering & Electronics Engineering (EEE), Mechanical Engineering & Automotive Maintenance Engineering(MAE). Postgraduate courses include Master of Science Degree programs in Computer Science (MSc CS).
These colleges offer Bachelor’s in IT degrees.
There are five prestigious universities in Tanzania that offer IT degrees. These include:
- University of Dar es Salaam
- University of Dodoma
- Sokoine University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- Mzumbe University (formerly Mzumbe Technical College)
- Tumaini University Makumira (UTM)
We can see that IT colleges in Tanzania are on the rise. IT is a lucrative career that is in demand, and with so many colleges offering Bachelor’s degrees in IT, it’s no wonder why so many people want to get into this field.
- Vyuo Vya Ufundi Vya Serikali Tanzania | Government Technical Colleges In Tanzania
- List Ya Vyuo vya Hotel Management Tanzania
- Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Vyuo Vya Hotel Management Tanzania
- Nafasi Za Mafunzo Ya Ufundi Stadi Vyuo Vya VETA Tanzania
- Udahili wa vyuo vya Afya Health and allied sciences Admission procedures