Players of the PS4, PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X/S can download patch 4.01 for The Witcher 3. The most recent patch, version 4.01, for Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition fixes the Screen Space Reflections problems, according to the patch notes. In addition, a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination is included in Witcher 3 version 4.01.
In the most recent major Witcher 3 update (4.0), new features for PC and next-generation consoles included 4K, 60FPS, cross-play, and more. Sadly, since the most recent patch, players have been reporting a variety of performance and stability problems. Some of these problems will be fixed in The Witcher 3 update 4.01.
The Witcher 3 Patch 4.01 Notes: Fixes & Changes
Also Check Out; iRacing Update Patch Notes 2023
The Witcher 3 patch 4.01 on PS4, Xbox and PC Download
February 2, 2023 What is new in The Witcher 3 update 4.01 Today?
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Space Reflections setting wasn’t working on PC despite being turned on. Players who had previously set their SSR setting to high may notice a performance impact.
- Added a new performance mode for ray-traced global illumination, which can be toggled by players with compatible hardware. It improves frame rate by prioritizing performance over range and precision.
- Fixed an issue where consoles could create a higher amount of saves than their set limit, resulting in various issues with saving the game or user settings being reset.
- Improved Screen Space Reflections quality on next-gen consoles.
- Optimized ray-traced global illumination on next-gen consoles to improve the performance of Ray Tracing Mode.
QUESTS & GAMEPLAY – Available on all platforms
- Battle Preparations – Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to interact with Avallac’h during the objective “Let Avallac’h know everything’s ready.”
- Family Matters – Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash during the transition to Ciri’s Story: Out of the Shadows when speaking to the Bloody Baron.
- King’s Gambit – Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to participate in the fistfight with the second Vildkaarl due to an invisible obstacle.
- Wine Wars: Belgaard – Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 4.00, where the quest couldn’t be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster nests during exploration.
- A Dangerous Game – The armor in Caesar’s room should now change its appearance when the Alternate Nilfgaardian Armor is turned on.
- Axii Puppet – Increased the health and damage dealt by the puppet.
- Adrenaline Rush mutation should now work according to its description.
- Various small fixes to quests and cutscenes.
LOCALIZATION – Available on all platforms
- Fixed various issues with Arabic localization.
- Added the localized versions of Orianna’s song “Lullaby of Woe” in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Adjusted Priscilla’s lip-sync animation to match her voice-over in Simplified Chinese during the song “The Wolven Storm”.
Also Check Out; Dying Light 2 Update 1.26 Patch Notes PS4, PS5 & PC