Job Opportunities at USAID Tanzania 2022/2023- Apply Online;- RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Regional Coordinator for an anticipated USAID-funded malaria program in Tanzania. Under this activity, USAID/Tanzania will fund malaria case management, malaria in pregnancy (MIP) through quality improvement initiatives and malaria surveillance, MERLA, entomological monitoring, drug efficacy monitoring, and monitoring of other drug-based interventions.
Job Opportunities at USAID Tanzania
RTI anticipates this activity will also seek to improve private sector engagement and strengthening the existing linkages between community health services/ community-level leadership and facilities/District Health Teams that promote malaria prevention, detection, and treatment in households.
USAID/ Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance Activity
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of, Tanzania, United Republic of
The Regional Coordinator leads and coordinates the implementation of the project activities and provides technical expertise at regional, district and community levels. They will maintain relationships with key sector partners, donors, consultants, host country counterparts and stakeholders as well as collaborate with colleagues across RTI on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives.
May serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners, providing key inputs for technical or management decisions. The position will be based with RTI in Dar es Salaam and local travel will be required.
- Work closely with Senior Leadership Team to respond to requests for information and ensure project leadership and USAID are informed in a timely manner regarding project challenges, grantee issues, or changes to work plans or budgets, and disseminating key results.
- Provide partnership technical performance monitoring and support the COP to ensure high quality implementation across required deliverables.
- Ensure field-level goals within the project are met in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Support the Finance and Operations Director to monitor project activities and spending to ensure proper activity planning and to meet USAID financial and management reporting guidelines.
- Provide support for annual work plan and budget development and for project reporting.
- Support and contribute to preparation of project documents for submission to USAID (e.g., project report, annual work plan, etc.).
- In coordination with the RTI Senior Management team, support central and decentralized project teams to identify technical assistance needs and ensure assistance is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Link teams to relevant technical resources within the project, RTI, partners, or from external consultants.
- Support field teams to develop scopes of work for technical assistance and work with them to identify needed talent and execute agreements.
- Master’s Degree in public health, biological sciences, environmental sciences, entomology, or related area with 10 years of relevant management experience.
- Experience managing USAID-funded malaria prevention and control activities highly preferred