How to access or withdraw funds from a bank account or mobile money account belonging to a deceased parent or other deceased person. a detailed procedure and manual. It’s necessary to take money out of a deceased person’s bank or cell account when they pass away.
As society has moved toward a more digitalized way of life, this problem has become more and more prevalent. This problem affects a large number of individuals in Africa, including those in Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, and South Africa.
The similar problem arises when someone wants to deposit or withdraw money from a bank account or mobile money account of their closest family who has passed away in India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Pakistan, the US, and Europe.
Withdrawing Money From Deceased Bank or Mobile Accounts: The Dilemma
It is always a sad moment whenever someone loses a friend, parent, or close relative, and the circumstances that follow the loss are usually a challenge to those that rely heavily on the deceased.
However, suppose the person in question was a breadwinner to a family or a regular provider via a bank or mobile money. In that case, it is possible to access the funds of their mobile wallet.
This is How To Withdraw Money From Deceased Mobile Money Accounts
The various mobile money service providers (e.g., Mtn and Orange Networks in Cameroon) have steps to follow when retrieving this money from the dead person’s account. This process is essentially the same in most countries around the world.
The procedure to follow to retrieve the money is close to the same as enumerated below:
- 1. Prove that you are the next of kin or benefactor of the deceased by processing the relevant
- 2. Contact the hospital and local authorities or the police for a valid death certificate,
- 3. Also, obtain a letter of administration confirming you as the go-to person on matters of the deceased.
- 4. Possess a valid national ID or passport to identify you as a family member or relation to the
- 5.Go to the nearest licensed Mobile Money service center and present the documents mentioned
- 6. All the money in the electronic wallet or mobile money account of the deceased will be withdrawn and
given to you by an authorized mobile money agent.
Note: It is impossible to claim or withdraw money that did not exist in a mobile wallet. Hence, it would be
best if you were sure that the deceased person has a balance in their account at the time of death.
Equity Bank Limited Tanzania ATM Near Me
How To Withdraw Money From Bank Accounts Of Deceased or DeathPersons
Most banks in Cameroon, Nigeria, India, the US, Europe, and worldwide have steps to follow when
retrieving money from the dead person’s account.
The procedure to follow to retrieve the money is as follows:-
1. Submit administrative records demonstrating that you are the dead person’s heir or beneficiary.
2. Speak with the police, the hospital, or the local authorities to obtain a genuine death certificate.
3. Next, make sure you have a letter of administration verifying that you are the person to contact regarding the deceased.
4. Be able to prove your relationship to the dead as evidenced by a current passport or national identification card.
5. Travel to the nearby bank and show the relevant documentation.
6. The processing of the submitted documents will begin.
7. If every document is authentic, an authorized bank agent will take all of the money out of the deceased’s bank account and deliver it to you.
Recall that you cannot claim funds that were not actually in a bank account. Therefore, it would be helpful if you were certain that the deceased in issue had money in their bank account at the time of passing.