Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursaries 2022;- Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) invites student to apply for Bursary Programme 2022 academic year.
- Bursary Closing Date: 30 January 2022
The Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) is inviting students to apply for 2 types of bursaries, for the 2022 academic year:
1) A bursary for South African or SADC students, pursuing Undergraduate studies in the Transport field.
2) A bursary for South African or SADC students, pursuing Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) research component in Transport.
Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursaries 2022
SATC bursaries will be awarded to:
- 2 Postgraduate students, to the value of R170 000 per bursary tax free, which will be paid directly to the University where the student is undertaking their research.
- 1 Undergraduate student, to provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, and accommodation in line with the University’s cost structure.
Bursaries are paid in 2 installments – half in February and half in July.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR from one of the SADC countries (see below)
- You must be studying full-time towards an Undergraduate qualification that involves transport OR a Postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) research component in transport
- You must be studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursaries, scholarships, awards or other funding
* The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is made up of the following 16 countries: South Africa, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Mauritius, Zambia, Tanzania, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Madagascar, Seychelles, Comoros and Eswatini.
How to apply Southern African Transport Conference (SATC) Bursaries 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Recent photograph of yourself
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Membership certificate of professional bodies (certified copy)
- Postgraduate students: Degree certificates and academic record (certified copy)
- Undergraduate students: invoice with list of detailed expenses
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Jacqui Oosthuyzen (SATC Secretariat): [email protected]
(Insert the words “SATC Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).