The Qualification for Diploma in Pharmacy is a three-year programme at the university level. The qualification provides an opportunity for students to gain knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical sciences and gives them the opportunity to work in various areas of pharmacy practice.
Pharmacy is a science of preparing, dispensing and selling drugs. It is also called as “Pharmacology”. Pharmacy is a health care profession that links health sciences with chemical sciences and aims at safe, effective and efficient use of medications.
The objective of the pharmacy curriculum is to provide graduates with knowledge in all areas related to the practice of pharmacy including:
- Drugs and their use
- Clinical aspects such as clinical pharmacology, drug interactions and drug distribution
Qualification For B Pharm Degree Program Sifa Za Kujiunga Na Kozi Ya Pharmacy
Qualification for Diploma in Pharmacy
To apply for the DIPLOMA IN PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (DPS), you must have successfully completed your 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board with Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects from any of the following Boards:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE)
- Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)
- Andhra Pradesh State Board of Intermediate Education (APSBIE), Hyderabad.
Qualification For Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS)
Qualification for Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS)
A 2-year diploma course awarded by a wide range of universities and colleges across Tanzania. The qualification is a degree of the University of Dar es Salaam, the University of Dodoma and some other Universities/Colleges accredited by TCCNEC.
Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences (CPS) (2 years)
The course is offered as a full time or part time, with the duration of 2 years. It can be taken in both English and Kiswahili at public and private institutions. The CPS qualification is also offered at diploma, certificate, and degree levels.
Basic Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BCPS)/Medicine Dispensers Certificate Course (1 year)
BCPS is a certificate course. It is a one year course, which can be completed in one academic session. The BCPS course syllabus includes topics like
- safety and precautions in pharmaceutical science;
- principles of pharmacy;
- drug classification;
- drugs used for diseases of the respiratory system and their adverse reactions;
- drugs used for cardiovascular diseases and their adverse reactions;
- drugs used for diseases of urinary tract and their adverse reactions;
- safe handling procedures required at various stages in the preparation,
- use or dispensing of medicines from pharmacies and hospitals etc.
The Medical Dispensers Certificate Course (MDC) is another qualification that you can pursue after completing Basic Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BCPS).
The MDC qualification has been designed to meet needs across all levels of medicine dispensing practice as well as other allied healthcare professions such as nursing assistants, care home assistants etc. It also provides an appropriate pathway into pharmacy technician training programmes if you wish to pursue further study within this area afterwards.
Pharmacy Corse In Tanzania
There are several colleges and universities offering diploma and certificate in Pharmacy in Tanzania. The following is a list of the best pharmacy colleges:
- St. Joseph’s College of Medicine, Arusha
- Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS),Dar es Salaam
- University of Dodoma (UDOM)
- Tumaini University Dar es Salaam 5
Colleges and Universities Offering Diploma and certificate in Pharmacy in Tanzania
There are a number of universities and colleges in Tanzania offering diploma and certificate in Pharmacy. Some of these institutions are listed below:
- Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Tanzanian Institute of Management and Development (TIMAD)
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA)
- Alliance University
The qualification for Diploma In Pharmacy is a two year diploma, which is awarded after completion of a four-year course in pharmacy.
The first two years of the course are spent on theoretical aspects and curriculum includes all topics related to pharmaceutical sciences like biology, chemistry and pharmacology.