RDP houses are government-subsidized homes for low-income earners. RDP stands for “Reconstruction and Development Programme”, which was launched in 1994 after the end of apartheid.
The aim of the programme was to reduce poverty and inequality by providing basic housing to all citizens. The government hoped that giving people access to modern houses would also improve their standard of living by allowing them to invest more money in food, education, healthcare and other goods or services that have been limited due to poor living conditions in informal settlements across South Africa.
2023/2024 RDP House South Africa Online Application Form
- You can apply online
- You can apply for a RDP house online
- You can apply for an RDP house in South Africa online
- You can apply for an RDP house in South Africa online if you are a South African citizen
What Is RDP Housing?
This programme is a government housing programme for low-income earners. The RDP stands for “Reconstruction and Development Programme” and was designed to address the housing backlog in South Africa. It was launched in 1994, but was suspended by 2008.
Who Qualifies For An RDP House?
RDP houses are provided to South Africans who qualify. In order to qualify for a RDP house, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a South African ID document (eID or driver’s license)
- Have a valid South African address (a place where you reside legally)
In addition, you must not own any other property in South Africa, and you must not own any property outside of the country.
Who Qualifies For RDP House In South Africa?
To qualify for an RDP house, you must be a South African citizen or permanent resident. You must also be a first-time home buyer.
This means that if you currently own another property, whether it’s rented out or not, then you won’t qualify for an RDP house. Other factors that determine whether or not you will receive an RDP house include having a valid ID document and being over 18 years old.
The last requirement revolves around ownership documents; if your name is on any documents related to owning anything else (a second home or business), then this may disqualify you from receiving an RDP house as well.
How To Apply For RDP Houses
You can apply for a RDP house if you meet the following requirements:
- You must be a South African citizen; or
- You must be a permanent resident in South Africa; or,
- If you are not a South African citizen and have been granted temporary residence in terms of the Immigration Act No.13 of 2002, as amended.
In addition to these requirements, applicants should also ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- A single applicant is allowed at least one dependent child in his/her care (excluding foster children);
- If there is more than one applicant on an application form, all applicants must sign the form;
- The number of bedrooms allocated will depend on how many people live in each household;
- A householder applying for housing will have to provide proof of identity and income level by way of documentation from banks or other financial institutions (bank statements).
RDP House Online Application Form
RDP House Online Application Form
The government of South Africa has launched a new housing program called RDP House. This program was designed to provide affordable houses for poor people who cannot afford it by themselves.
But, there are certain steps before you can get your hands on an RDP house and this article will help you understand how to apply for an RDP house in South Africa.
RDP stands for Reconstruction and Development Programme, which is a government initiative that was started back in 1994. The aim of this programme was to transform South African society through economic growth and social integration.
This programme aims at improving the lives of millions of poor people across the country by providing them with decent housing facilities so that they can live with dignity like everyone else in our country does.
How To Check My RDP House Status
You can check the status of your RDP house application with the Department of Human Settlements. You can do this by visiting the official website for their services and clicking on the “Apply for Houses” button.
There, you’ll be directed to a page that allows you to search for your name or ID number. Enter either one in order to see whether or not an offer has been sent out yet, as well as when it was sent out and what kind of offer (if any) has been made so far.
If no offers have been made up until this point, there will be no record of them in this database and no reason why they should remain unreceived by you personally; however, if there is information available about your request then it’s important that you take steps immediately!
How Much Does An RDP House Cost?
RDP house costs can vary depending on the size and quality of the house, as well as its location.
The average cost of an RDP house is between R40 000 and R100 000. The most affordable houses tend to be built in rural areas, while more expensive houses are usually built in cities and surrounding townships.
The type of materials used also affects the price of an RDP house; for example: if you want steel sheeting instead of corrugated iron or asbestos cement sheeting instead of wood, you’ll have to pay more money.
For example: if you want a four-bedroomed house with two bathrooms (bathrooms don’t come standard with all RDPs), that’s going to cost more than an ordinary three-bedroomed one-bathroom home would because it has two extra rooms and two extra bathrooms!
Can I Rent Out My RDP House?
Yes, you can rent out your RDP house. However, it must be to a family member.
If you have any questions about renting your house, please contact the municipality where you live.
Is It Legal To Buy An RDP House?
It is legal to buy an RDP house. You can purchase it from the government, or sell it to another person, or rent it out to tenants. However, there are some rules that apply when buying and selling RDP houses:
To sell your RDP house you must have had the title deeds for at least four years. If you are buying a property that has been standing empty for more than three years (including the current year), then no transfer duty will be payable on its purchase price if you sign up within six months of acquiring vacant possession of that property (or within 12 months in certain circumstances).
What Are The Advantages Of RDP Houses?
- Low-Cost Housing: The RDP houses are low cost and affordable, and everyone can afford them. Anyone who purchases a house through the RDP scheme will not have to pay any deposit or bond, as well as no guarantor is needed.
- Low-Cost Mortgage Loans: With the help of your RDP house, you can get a mortgage loan at a very low interest rate from any bank in South Africa without having to make any down payment on your home or provide collateral security for the same (which usually happens if you apply for a conventional home loan).
- No Need For A Deposit Or Bond: You don’t need to make any deposits or bonds when buying an RDP house because it’s already included by government when buying one of these properties from them directly through their website (rdphouseonlineapplicationform2019) 4
There are many benefits of RDP houses. They are affordable, safe, and secure places to live in. You can also sell your house if you want to move or upgrade to a bigger one. You only need to pay back the outstanding balance on the loan that you took out from the government when buying your house, which means it will take longer for you to pay off than if you bought an ordinary home.