Presidential youth employment scheme 2022;- Presidential Youth Employment Initiative 2022
Presidential youth employment scheme
The programme seeks to provide temporary employment opportunities for young graduates from universities who have not been able to find employment and also offer opportunities for graduates to gain useful experience in a range of areas that can improve their readiness for employment and open up career pathways that may not have been available without work experience. Applicants must have graduated in Walter Sisulu University.
The programme will make young people to be active participants in community development and nation-building initiatives of government. The successful applicants will be required to fulfill the following functions, while participating in the programme:
- Implement Public Arts activities,in communities as identified by Implementing Agency and schools.
- Create Public Arts project activities that are dealing with the themes of National Symbols, GBV and prevention awareness in selected communities.
- Maintain constant attendance of project activities and complete tasks as assigned by the Implementing Agent
- Be prepared to work individually and as part of team(s) that implement, coordinate,and support Public Arts activities in the
- Be able to work under pressure, take own initiative,have good inter-personal skills and understand community structures
- Report on the project work activities areas they have participated in,and acquire skills and support Public Arts activities in the community.
- Compile and create a portfolio of evidence that include promotion and popularization of National Symbols of South Africa.
- Commit to use this time towards their own personal development and growth.
NB: THE PROGRAMME WILL NOT CATER FOR RELOCATION / ACCOMMODATION COSTS. ALL POSTS ARE OFFERED AT BUFFALO CITY CAMPUS.
PESP YOUTH RECRUITMENT APPLICATION IN PUBLIC ARTS ELIGIBILITY
The following compulsory requirements will be used to select suitable candidates:-
- Candidate must submit his/her CV and for Support Services, present certified copies of their qualifications.
- Candidate must have skills, qualifications and/or experience in creative arts, culture and heritage.
- Candidate must be in the category of Out of school youth and not employed.
- Candidate must be citizens of South Africa and be young people (i.e. between the ages of 18 and 35 years).
- Candidate must be self-initiators ,be pro-active, and have fair facilitation and presentation skills
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English and good local language proficiency.
PESP YOUTH RECRUITMENT APPLICATION APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Applications should entail a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of required qualifications, identity document and contact details of three referees,should be forwarded, for the attention of: HR Department e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who have not been informed about the outcome of their application within two weeks from the closing date may regard their application as having been unsuccessful.
“WSU is committed to Employment Equity and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”