ONLINE VERIFICATION OF RESULTS – Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ);- www.exams-council.org.zm An Act of Parliament established the Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) in 1983 to set and conduct examinations and award certificates to successful candidates.
Before this enactment, the Ministry of Education and Culture under the Examinations Section used to conduct the examinations. After the enactment, the section continued to perform the function of conducting the examinations while simultaneously developing an institutional framework and job descriptions.
ONLINE VERIFICATION OF RESULTS – Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ)
The main functions of the Council as stipulated in the Examinations Council of Zambia Act, No. 15 of 1983 are to:-
- To conduct examinations
- To process the results;
- To award certificates and diplomas to candidates who pass examinations conducted by the council;
- To carry out relevant research in examinations;
- To advise any public institution on the development and use of any system of testing or examining when requested to do so;
- To formulate syllabuses for examinations; promote the international recognition of qualifications conferred by the Council;
- To approve or reject appointments of examiners;
- To organise training courses, or arrange for the training of, examiners, markers, supervisors, invigilators and other persons connected with examinations;
- To invite any person or body in or outside Zambia to assist the Council in the conduct of examinations.