Jobs At RTI International – District NRM Financing Advocacy Consultant 2022;-JOB DETAILS: The Consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the RTI/LCWT Project Manager, and the anticipated period of performance is from late April through early July 2022.
Jobs At RTI International
• Work closely with LCWT staff to design a facilitation process to work with District Economy, Works and Environment (EW) committees to develop district-level guidelines for financing NRM activities.
• Develop plans for sensitizing the district EWE committees and other district officials about the important
• contributions NRM makes to district own-source funding, and the need for investment to preserve this source of funds for future activities.
• Pilot sensitization activities and facilitation process in Kigoma by engaging appropriate District committees (e.g. Finance and Administration; EWE Committee) and other stakeholders (e.g. Tuungane, TFS, TAWA, TANAPA, village leaders to develop district NRM financing guidelines.
• Update the facilitation process based on any lessons learned from the Kigoma workshop and roll out the workshops in Uvinza, Nsimbo, and Tanganyika DC
• As necessary, support the LCWT staff and district officials to move the NRM financing guidelines through the relevant approval process.
• This may require contact by phone or in person meetings to encourage the process along.
• Produce NRM guideline development workshop notes and drafted NRM strategies for each district.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience, Master’s degree and 8 years of experience, PhD and 4 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of local public sector financing systems in Tanzania.
• Five years substantive experience working with local government counterparts and engaging in
• district-level advocacy.
• Experience writing facilitation plans and technical reports.
• Demonstrated skill facilitating policy development and dialogue between LGAs and key community
• leaders and civil society stakeholders.
• Preferred experience in supporting natural resource management policies and initiatives.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili required, proficiency in written and spoken English preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email [email protected] .
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/DN21679680
Submit your CV and over letter to [email protected]. RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.