Job Vacancy at SUMAIT University | Senior Lecturer /Assistant;-SUMAIT University Vacancies The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) is built on the foundation of the former University College of Education Zanzibar established in 1998 by a charity organization; Kuwait based, Direct Aid (DA). In line with this expansion, SUMAIT wishes to invite
applications from suitable qualified Individuals to fill the vacant Academic and administrative posts as follows:–
Job Vacancy at SUMAIT University
Position: Senior Lecturer /Assistant or Associate Professor of Clinical or Counseling Psychology) (1 Posts)
The Department of Counseling and Psychology at Sumait University Zanzibar invites applications for the forthcoming new program of post-graduate/ Master of Clinical Psychology Degree. The Applicant should be in a full-time, tenured position at the rank of Senior Lecturer,
Associate or Full Professor. The start date is October 2022.
SUMAIT University Vacancies Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in General Psychology/Guidance and Counseling or Clinical Psychology with GPA not less than 3.5 out of 5 or equivalent in the same discipline.
- Master’s degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology with GPA not less than 4 out of 5 or equivalent in the same discipline.
- A PhD is preferred (Clinical or Counselling Psychology considered). A successful candidate must possess experience in college-level teaching. All specializations will be considered. Candidates with additional credentials are especially invited to apply.
- Meets criteria for tenure at the Associate- or Full- level, including scholarly record, teaching effectiveness, and record of service.
Essential Duties, Tasks, Roles &Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities should include under/postgraduate and graduate courses in clinical psychology; supervising and Master’s student research.
- Maintain an active research program that results in publishing in peer-reviewed journals and obtaining external funding for research
- Designing/Developing under/post graduate academic programs.
- Providing counseling sessions as a related service for eligible students.
- Supervise undergraduate/postgraduate research.
- Provide service to the Department, College, University, and profession
- Supervise practicum and internships.
- Applicants should have experience in Counseling/clinical practices.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the university.
Mode of Application for Nafasi za kazi SUMAIT University
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of their certificates, names, and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission
for Universities (TCU).
Salary and Remunerations
SUMAIT University offers attractive salaries and remunerations according to the University’s
The hand-delivered application should reach SUMAIT, Chukwani Street Zanzibar no later than 3:30hrs on 28th April 2022. Or you can send your application through Email at: email@example.com Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.
Shortlisted applicants SHALL be contacted in person. Abdulraman Al-Sumait University is an Equal Opportunities Employer.