48 posts Job Vacancies at Pathfinder International 2022 – Project Officer;- Pathfinder Tanzania Jobs Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction.
Job Vacancies at Pathfinder International 2022 – Project Officer
pathfinder international address Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment.
pathfinder international salaries Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Position: Project Officer – 48 Posts
Reports to: Cluster Technical Manager
Classification: Regular Fixed term
Grade Level: TZ-07
Summary of the Job Vacancies at Pathfinder International Tanzania 2022
Coordinates the assigned program or project. Assists in implementing SRHR strategies and assists in the development of tools and materials for the program or project. Provides technical support to the regional offices and to partners. Represents the program or project in all SRHR related materials and tools development.
Key Pathfinder vacancies Outcomes:
- Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation: Works with LGAs and health facilities to advocate for allocation of funds to support emergency transportation / emergency referral using private taxis.
- Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation: Work with Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments.
- Innovation: Identifies best practices in activities, recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
- Technical Direction. Assists in the assessment, coordination and facilitation of provision of Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (BEmONC), Comprehensive Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care (CEmONC) and emergency transportation and referral systems in collaboration Council/Regional Health Management
- Project and Management Reporting. Participate in writing and Reviews of quarterly and annual project progress reports and gives constructive feedback on project and Implementation. Assists in the development and delivery of presentations related to the project’s activities. Timely submits a completed consolidated report
to MEL team.
- Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration and sharing of new and improved approaches, methods and ideas. Uses these platforms and forums to advocate for allocation of resources to support Emergency transportation systems.
- Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
- Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages and participate in coordination of publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program. Coordinate with regions and district teams to develop field work plans to support councils on development of focused maternal health Comprehensive Councils Health Plan (CCHP) interventions and budgets.
- Project Management and Participation: Participates in cross functional project teams and partners activities
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies: Pathfinder vacancies
- Country Specific Public Health System: Knowledge of Tanzania’s public health system and referrals and linkages systems. Knowledge of LGA budgeting process / CCHP planning process.
- Stakeholders’ engagement: Experience of working with Councils/Regional Health Management Teams(C/RHMTs) and engaging in LGA budgeting processes for the health sector
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of Maternal and Newborn services including project strategies on emergency transportation/referrals and indicators.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery: Ability to plan, coordinated/supervise and deliver trainings and meetings to diverse groups.
- Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing and HMIS tools.
- PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies: Pathfinder international internships
- Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage crossfunctional initiatives for assigned projects.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak fluently using kiswahili and English languages.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within individual’s area of expertise and service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced Diploma or Degree or higher in related field
- 4 years related experience, including work in SRHR services.
- Experience of implementing advocacy activities at LGA and R/CHMT levels.
Prefer: Sound Experience in working with government AND knowledge of LGA budgeting and
- Travel required (50% or more)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How to apply For pathfinder Tanzania jobs
Pathfinder is committed to safeguarding and protecting the people we serve as well as our staff. We have zero tolerance for any behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, as well as our staff and partners, including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. Everyone we hire must abide by our safeguarding and related policies, including reporting suspected or known policy violations. By applying, you acknowledge you understand you will be subjected to a variety of vetting checks intended to verify your suitability to work with us.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their application letter and CV, including contact details for 3 references whereby one should be the human resources manager/director of past organization you worked for.
The Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to Tanzaniafirstname.lastname@example.org stating the position being applied for in the subject line so that we do not miss your application. Electronic Applications are encouraged.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, offer and contract will be subject to the donor’s approval.
The closing date to send your application is Friday 13th May at 05:00pm.