Job Opportunity at GGM: Specialist;-ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD-Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, on four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Goldfields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
Job Opportunity at GGM
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Specialist – Underground Geology
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Snr Manager – Geology & Exploration
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist underground geology support to the Geology Manager and UG Mine Geology Superintendent by developing and supporting the implementation of professional and technical development programs for Geologists, including development, update, and review of underground geology procedures, drilling strategies, modeling methods, and reconciliation measures. As an experienced Geology Specialist, work to ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior geologists particularly on underground mining geology, aligned with professional and technical development plans.
- Minimum: A Degree in Geology
- Accredited geology and/or mining industry professional (CIMM, SAIMM, JORC, etc.)
- At least 10 years of experience in Underground Exploration and Mining Geology, preferably in Gold Mining environments.
- Proven experience in planning underground exploration and mining geology work programs.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing technical training programs and workshops in the mining industry.
- Demonstrated ability to design technical training events for explorations and mining geology work.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle and competency development.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques.
- Familiarity with the company’s talent management and succession planning.
- Ability to conduct a cost-benefit analysis and calculate return on investment for knowledge transfer.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in QAQC systems and database software.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the design and implementation of professional and technical development plans for geologists in the Geology Department
- Mapping out geologists and technicians’ development plans by identifying and/or determining training needs with Managers and Superintendents according to job requirements.
- Evaluating competency levels in relation to required tasks at various levels of an employee’s career path.
- Translate delivery requirements into a training matrix that will prepare employees for the next step of their career path
- Build annual training programs and prepare training modules suitable for the training matrix
- Deliver training courses where appropriate.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees’ work behavior
- Set trainees/employees up with small, manageable projects in line with the training programs
- Provide direct output support to Geology Manager in terms of training budget planning
- Receive field attachment candidates and work collaboratively with sectional heads of the department through the processes of monitoring trainees while onsite and ensuring their well-being (inductions, rotations, payments, PPEs, etc.)
- Work with the Exploration Superintendent and UG Mine Geology Superintendent in developing exploration and resource drilling strategies for the LOM underground projects at Geita
- Support the UG Mine Geology Superintendent in developing underground ore sampling strategies and supporting grade estimation, ore tracking, and reconciliation work.
- Support the UG Mine Geology Superintendent with grade control and resource modeling maintaining high standards of data validation, modeling, model scheduling, handover, auditing, and reconciliation
- Plan and schedule underground sampling and drilling activities to support mining production schedules
- Support the UG Mine Geology Superintendent in optimizing drilling methods and schedules, within the available budget, to provide geological information within sufficient time to optimize decline development and medium-term LOM options
- Provide geological input into the Mine Planning process (in a collateral cross-functional relationship) through mine design, impact assessment of different mining methods/techniques on dilution and mining recovery; as well as schedules that optimize both the geological drilling and mining to the maximum possible extent.
- Support the UG Mine Geology Superintendent in developing annual budgets for underground exploration and infill drilling according to the Mine’s business planning timetable.
- Provide recommendations for mine planning designs that maximize the cost associated with exploration and mining development
- Develop and monitor Geological mapping of development drives and sampling data acquisition and storage to the highest standards
- Proven experience in geological work processes of underground gold mining systems.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate skills transfer / on-the-job training/coaching.
- Knowledge of various training/coaching evaluation methods and performance monitoring.
- Ability to direct structured learning experiences and monitor their results.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and ability to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Ability to consider other UG Dept’s deliverables and goals in Geology work programs.
- Motivates team by providing a strong sense of urgency for meeting AGA’s strategic goals.
MODE OF APPLICATION:3
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal, you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, and names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Specialist – Underground Geology”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th April 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including the proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com