Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Health Service 2022;-Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Health Service 2022 The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST); an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, completed a major phase II expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam in 2018.
This expansion is aimed at improving the Hospital’s quality of facilities and infrastructure to become an ultramodern 170-bed facility to increase its capacity as a provider of high-quality medical care leading to a tertiary care, referral, and teaching hospital.
Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Health Service
The Phase II development focused on expanding key clinical services including a comprehensive cardiology program, oncology services and neurosciences, as well as the expansion of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Diagnostic Imaging, Critical Care and Women and Child Health programmes.
The Hospital is JCI Accredited (achieved a level of quality and patient service that is equal to the best hospitals in the world) and the teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers Postgraduate Medical Education programs leading to Master of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Paediatrics and Child Health.
It is also an accredited internship site. As part of the integrated health systems approach, AKHST plans to establish 35 outreach health facilities that are located across Tanzania. Currently, 20 such clinics have been established across the country and linked the main hospital in Dar es Salaam.
We are seeking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced Inventory Manager as shown below:
INVENTORY MANAGER – (1 POSITION)
Duties and Responsibilities | Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Health Service 2022
- Responsible to supervise day-to-day operations of all warehouses and Supply Centers.
- To lead, guide, and coach the warehouse team (Stock Controllers, Receiving, Dispatch, Documentation Team)
- To ensure timely processing of all receiving and dispatch documents to the Finance Dept for payment.
- Communicate and liaise with end-users, internal team, and senior management regarding inventory matters.
- Develop systems, processes, and control for the checks of stock levels, develop Economic Order Quantities (EOO), and reorder levels.
- Regular Monitoring of critical supplies stocks and their inventory.
- Monitor and analyze the stock days and work on reducing Holding Stocks days.
- Supervise Perpetual Stock-takes for all supplies in Warehouse and Supply Centers.
- Ensure receiving of temperature-controlled supplies and monitor their proper storage.
- Ensure all requirements of Joint Commission International related to storage and warehouse is fulfilled.
- Analyze to minimize obsolete stocks and Near-Expiry stocks, coordinate with Users for liquidation and report to management promptly.
- Supervise Consignment Stocks and check the proper recording and its consumption with the invoice.
- Analyze slow-moving and nonmoving supplies and closely coordinate with users for liquidation.
- Coordinate with TMDAand Other authorities for disposing of supplies in a proper manner.
- Develop reports for the reconciliations between inventory in systems and physical locations through physical verifications.
- Bring ineffective controls, processes related to inventory issuances, and their charging to the general ledger.
- Coordinate with IT Dept to automate the reports and process.
- Initiate and review regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the work environment
Qualifications and Experience: Nafasi za Kazi hospital binafsi 2022
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field from Tanzania or International renowned Universities.
- Should have registered with the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB).
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in Warehouse Management and Inventory Logistics preferably in a healthcare organization and 1 of which should be in a managerial role.
- Attendance of specialized courses and experience of attending international symposiums and workshops will be an added advantage.
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management.
- People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work, and explain ideas.
- Excellent people management, interpersonal, leadership, and delegation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good command on MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent project management, presentation, and organizational skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Aga khan hospital, dar es salaam jobs
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND EDUCATION CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 8TH May 2022.
“AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to apply”