How do I apply for the Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP)?;- The FLISP programme is a housing subsidy for first-time home buyers to assist with purchasing a home. The subsidy is paid to your bank or financial institution and will reduce your monthly loan instalments, making it more affordable to buy a home. Households with an income between R3 501 to R22 000 may qualify for the FLISP subsidy if they meet all the criteria.
Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP)
What is the Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP)?
- You’ll need to apply for a home loan first and once it’s approved, discuss a FLISP application with your bank, financial institution, the Department of Human Settlements, or your nearest municipality.
- You can also visit or call the Department of Human Settlements’ Helpdesk.
NOTE: If the bank declines your home loan application, then you’ll not be able to access the Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP).
To apply for FLISP, you must be in the process of purchasing a property. You can also apply if the property was registered in your name in the past 12 months. Any applications after this window period are currently not considered.
Once you’ve received a home loan from a bank, the following documents are required, together with the completed FLISP application:
- Certified copies of identity documents (IDs)
- Certified copies of dependents’ birth certificates
- Certified copy of marriage certificate/ Final order of divorce
- Original recent payslip/affidavit confirming unemployment/ proof of social grant
- Certified copy of the deed of sale/ offer to purchase
- Certified copy of the bond approval/ bond quotation
- Original/ certified copy of the statement of transfer cost from transferring attorney
What is the subsidy amount that you can qualify for?
The subsidy amount depends on your income and ranges between R27 960 – R121 626. Download the brochure to view the sliding scale to determine the subsidy for different income brackets.
If you qualify for the FLISP subsidy – what can it be used for?
The FLISP subsidy assists you to:
- Purchase an existing residential property for the first time.
- Purchase a vacant serviced residential stand (i.e. plot) linked to house-building contracts. Only use builders registered with the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) or
- Build a new house with the assistance of a builder registered with the NHBRC on a serviced residential stand (i.e. plot) that you already own.
Who to contact to check the status of your subsidy application?
You can contact the Department’s Helpdesk directly for further assistance or details regarding the status of your subsidy application. You can contact them telephonically or by e-mail.
Department of Human Settlements
Ground Floor, ISM Building
27 Wale Street
Call: 021 483 6488 / 021 483 0623 / 021 483 0611 / 021 483 3112 / 021 483 2060
E-mail: [email protected]