How to Recover Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon (Requirements, Eligibility, Cost & Procedure). What is the Official Address of the Cameroon GCE Board, A lost GCE certificate is a nightmare for any candidate who sits and passes the General Certificate of Education examination in Cameroon.
The Cameroon GCE Board issues original Ordinary Level or Advanced level certificates to successful students. These Certificates are essential when applying for a job or looking for admissions to schools abroad or overseas.
However, some students or citizens usually lose their certificates due to unfortunate circumstances or simply due to sheer negligence.
This step-by-step guide addresses how to recover and get a lost GCE Cameroon GCE Certificate.
Recovering a Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon: Eligibility Criteria
- The person must have sat and passed the Cameroon GCE Exam in at least one session.
- The student must verify his GCE results and year of the exam before requesting a duplicate
Recovering a Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon: Requirements
The following mandatory documents are required before a lost GCE certificate can be recovered and
- A Certificate of Loss or Proof of Loss signed by the police or competent authority for candidates who
- A duly signed handwritten application
- A 1000 FCFA fiscal stamp attached to the application.
- A Photocopy of the Birth Certificate
- A valid photocopy of the individual’s National Identity card or International Passport.
- A Photocopy of the GCE Certificate or Results slips if available.
This is How Much Does it Cost to Recover Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon?
- The Cameroon GCE Board charges 50000 FCFA to recover and issue a duplicate GCE certificate after
the original certificate is lost.
- Note that original GCE certificates are usually issued for free.
This is How Long Does it Take to Recover a Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon?
- It now takes less than one year for the Cameroon GCE Board to retrieve and recover a lost GCE
- Once, retrieved, the duplicate certificate can be issued and given to the candidate.
This is How to Recover Lost GCE Certificate in Cameroon?
To recover and get a lost GCE certificate in Cameroon, do the following:
- Attach the copy of your stamped handwritten application into a suitably sized A4 envelope.
- Also, include copies of your birth certificate, National ID or Passport, and a photocopy of the GCE
certificate if available.
- Go to the main office of the Cameroon GCE Board in either Bamenda or Buea.
- Pay the non-refundable fee of 50000 FCFA as applicable charges to get your GCE certificate.
- Submit your complete file which contains all relevant documents as stipulated.
- Your duplicate GCE certificate will be issued in less than a year, and you can collect it at the GCE
Board main office for free.
Official Address of the Cameroon GCE Board (Contact)
The main address of the Cameroon General Certificate of Education (GCE) Board office is as follows:
- Besides Bilingual Grammar School (BGS), Molyko, Buea
- PMB 10000, Buea, South West Region, Cameroon
- Official Telephone Number: +237 33322114
- Fax: +23733322114