WhatsApp Tips;-How to set a custom background for a specific chat on WhatsApp For iPhone & Android
WhatsApp announced four major improvements – custom chat wallpapers, additional doodle wallpapers, an updated stock wallpaper gallery, and the ability to set separate wallpapers for light and dark mode settings.
All WhatsApp users choose the contacts they talk to often while others remain visible or unread. Earlier this month, WhatsApp announced four major improvements – custom chat wallpapers, additional doodle wallpapers, an updated stock wallpaper gallery, and the ability to set separate wallpapers for light and dark mode settings. According to the new settings, the wallpaper will automatically switch when your phone’s setting goes from light mode to dark mode. Previously, when WhatsApp users chose the wallpaper, the changes would be applied to all chats.
However, with the current update, WhatsApp users can set different wallpapers for separate conversations. WhatsApp notes that by making your conversations stand out, users will never have to worry about sending messages to the wrong chat. “We have selected new, varied and distinctive images of nature and architecture from around the world, as well as eye-catching new designs. You can find them in our Bright and Dark albums,” WhatsApp said in a statement.
To set a custom wallpaper, users should follow these steps:
For Android devices:
Go to the chat or contact name where you want to set custom wallpaper.
- Click on the three dots on the right side.
- Choose wallpaper.
- Users can select wallpapers of bright, dark and solid colors and my photo options.
- Select the favorite wallpaper you want in that specific chat.
- Users will see two options under Set Wallpaper, for this chat or all chats in light look (except for custom themed chats)
- Choose the preferred option, select OK, then set the wallpaper.
Go to the chat or contact where you want to set custom wallpaper.
- Open contact information.
- Choose wallpaper and sound.
- Press to choose a new wallpaper.
- Select wallpaper from bright, dark and solid colors and my photo options.
- Users can also access old WhatsApp wallpapers by selecting Wallpaper Archive. Scroll down to the bottom in either the bright or dark backgrounds section.
- After selecting the wallpaper, choose the Set Wallpaper option.
Users can adjust the brightness of the wallpaper by adjusting the brightness and preview other wallpapers by swiping left or right. WhatsApp users who do not like change can stick to the original doodle wallpaper or keep it in different colors with the enhanced wallpapers.