UDSM ONLINE APPLICATION – HOW TO APPLY ONLINE UDSM | FULL GUIDE
UDSM ONLINE APPLICATION, UDSM is hereby inviting applications for various Postgraduate Degree Programmes, Undergraduate Courses, Certificate and Diploma Courses for the academic year 2021/2022 . All applications are processed online through UDSM Website.
UDSM Online Application: The long-awaited time has come, UDSM Admission Season, and this is one of the most important times of the year for students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM).
It is this time of the year that defines a student’s future, and thus students are advised to avoid making mistakes during this time. To clarify things, TCU has prepared the Admission Guide as a tool to guide students in the admission process, if you have not read the TCU Admission Guide yet, check this link here for the University Admission Guide for academic year.
UDSM Online Application – UDSM Online Admission System
As a result of the increase in the number of students applying to the University of Dar es Salaam, the student admission process has become more complex as interested learners from different geographical locations apply, and apply for a myriad of subjects. In this case, it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with the large volume of student admission with traditional methods. This has increased the need to use technology and adapt to the online admission management system.
Therefore, the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is among the educational institutions in Tanzania that are working on adapting the use of the online admission system to process student applications. University of Dar es Salaam UDSM online admission system; Web-enabled software designed to manage processes related to UDSM acceptance (UDSM Online Applications). Using this system; Students can simply apply for the courses they are interested in online.
In this post, you will learn in detail: How to Create a UDSM Online Admission Account, How to Log in to Your UDSM Login Account and Apply Online at University of Dar es Salaam, How to Pay UDSM Online Application Fee, You will also be able to understand All important requirements for successful admission to UDSM.
Important things to consider before applying to University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) – UDSM Online Application
For a smooth and error-free online application process the following things should be considered.
- Make sure to read the TCU Guidebook carefully: you can check this link for more details on the TCU Guidebook .
- Learn about UDSM admission requirements: Before submitting an application, make sure you read and understand the UDSM Entry Requirements, follow this link to find out more details about UDSM Entry Requirements.
- Make a complete list of the programs / courses you will be applying for.
- Make sure you have a valid and working email address that you will use later while registering for the online application account through the UDSM Online Application System.
- Make sure you have a valid phone number, as it will be used for all important notifications in the future (a notification about selection status and verification code will be sent to this number)
- Set Up Application Fee Online: Before starting the application, make sure you have the application fee of 10,000 TZS on your mobile money.
- A step-by-step guide how to apply for undergraduate degree programs via the UDSM Online Application System
- Here we have all the instructions on how to apply for undergraduate degree programs at the University of Dar es Salaam via the online application system UDSM.
Stage 1: Registration for the admission account:
Visit UDSM Online Application System via this link >> https://udsm.admission.ac.tz/index.php?r=site%2Flogin#w8-dd1-tab1
To register for an account in our system through the (Register) button on the UNDERGRADUATE tab
Note: To register for an account in the admission system, you will need to provide the following details:
- Email address
- Mobile Phone Number
- To finish registration, you will need to enter a password of your choice that you will use whenever you wish to log into the admission system.
- Finally, fill in the captcha characters as shown on the page i.e. Captcha and then click the register button at the bottom to register for an account.
- If your registration is successful, the system will send an email to your email address, please log in to your email account to activate your admission account.
Use the link sent to your email to log into our admission system.
Note: at this point. Your username is your email address
Your password is: The password you provided
Second stage: application submission:
When you log in to your account successfully, you will find a notification stating that your account has been activated successfully (please open the notification)
Click on the My Application button to start the application
You will be presented with four  steps to finalize the application
Step 1: My Profile
- Choose the app category:
- Write the names as they appear on your high school diplomas
- Sex, country of nationality and type of disability, if any
Step 2: Pay the application fee
- The FEE is a non-refundable application:
- Domestic students: TZS. 10,000.00 (ten thousand only) for a Bachelor’s degree
- Domestic students: TZS. 20,000.00 (twenty thousand only) for diploma and certificate programs
- International students in US dollars. 45.00 ($ forty-five only)
- For Tanzanians: Use the reference number shown in the admission system to pay the application fee using mobile money services, i.e. Mpesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, etc.
- Foreign applicants: Application fee be paid using SWIFT code: NLCBTZTX through A / C number: 012105005554, University of Dar es Salaam, NBC Bank, Samora branch.
- Below are the details of the application fee payment procedures for local students who use mobile money transfer services:
- Use the reference number and the amount shown there after obtaining the control number, to pay the application fee using mobile money services, i.e. Mpesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money etc.
Application fee payment details:
For those with a Vodacom number,
- Open mpesa by dialing * 150 * 00 #
- Then he chose 4 LIPA kwa M-Pesa
- Then chose 4 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then work number / Namba Ya Cambone: 888999
- Reference number / number ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: Take from your admission system account the Make Payment button,
- The reference number appears in red: for example. Reference number 99143XXXXXXX
For those who have a Tigo number,
- Open Tigo-Pesa number dial * 150 * 01 #
- Then choose 4 LIPA Bili, Bill Payment
- Then he chose 3 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then work number / Namba Ya Cambone: 888999
- Then the reference number / ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: take from your admission system account on the make payment button, the reference number appears in red color: for example, the reference number 9914 05 07XX
- For those who have an Airtel number,
Airtel Money Number dial * 150 * 60 #
- Then 5 Lipa Bili
- Then chose 4 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then business number / Namba ya kampuni ni: 888999
- The reference number / number ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: take from your admission system account on the make payment button, the reference number appears in red color: for example, the reference number: 9914 07570XXX
- After payment, the system will be updated automatically and allow you to proceed to step 3
The third step: academic qualification
- For direct entry applicants with results from NECTA Form 4 and 6 add the index number, year and choose the level
- Example: Index number: S0110 / 0092/2014 O-LEVEL level
- Then click Add seating
- Index number: S0110 / 0088/2017 A-LEVEL
- Then click Add seating; If you have multiple sessions, you can add all sessions that you wish to be considered in the selection process.
- For equivalent applicants with results from the NECTA Fourth Form
- Add the index number, year and choose the level
- Then upload your diploma certificates into the system in PDF format
- For applicants with foreign degrees, you will need to put the results into the system and upload the certificates in PDF format
Step 4: Program Choices
Choose from a list of available programs and an application selection number.
Note: Choose programs in the selected list and if you choose 1 it means that this is your first choice, the second is your second choice … etc. The selection process will also take into account your selection priorities